My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 26, 2012

In Scotland ...

the Catholic Church has declared this "National Marriage Sunday" and has had a letter read in all parishes that asks each church's congregation to "pray for our elected leaders, invoking the Holy Spirit on them, that they may be moved to safeguard marriage as it has always been understood, for the good of Scotland and of our society" (BBC).

I wonder how this works exactly, this praying for God to force people to believe as you do, or I guess, in Cardinal O'Brien's view, praying for God to make people "see the light". It's never really seemed to work for me (yes, I've tried), this talking God into changing other people - maybe I should ask the Cardinal for some prayer tips.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Imburgia said...

“...to safeguard marriage as it has always been understood.” Understood by whom? God, the church through the centuries, various cultures, the ‘Love Family.’ If they want God to step up for them they better get more specific. Obliged.

6:55 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, I think they've given up on verifiable statements and honest debate.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home