My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Undelete

Yesterday I had posted a link to this interview with John O'Brien of Catholics for Choice, but then I got anxious and deleted it. It's not easy being a Catholic who's pro-choice ... so many Catholics equate "pro-choice" with "pro-abortion" when all it really means is not wanting to criminalize abortion. I don't suppose it matters anyway - I can count on the fingers of one hand the Catholics who talk to me, and still have some fingers left. In a way it's ironic - I joined the church because I was lonely and I didn't expect to come to believe in God. Now I do believe in God, but have no community.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal,
For many reasons, I too am a pro-Choice Catholics. I think you might be surprised to find how many Catholics there are who agree with you.
mary h.

6:24 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the comment. That's good to know.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

Hey! For what "IT" is worth Crystal, "I" still like you cause as a good Catholic, you allow me, myself and i to agree to disagree with each others points of views,"I" guess?

Go Figure! :)

I hear ya Crystal! Thanks Victor, "I" think!? :)

Peace

God Bless

10:19 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Victor :)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home