My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Last night I dreamt about the Pope



:) This isn't so surprising, I guess - I often dream of people I've been thinking about. But anyway, my dream ...

I worked in a large building filled with lots of people, and Francis also worked there and was our boss, though I'd never met him. One night, I went outside on my break and I took along a comic book that belonged to the pope to read. It was sealed in a plastic sleeve - must have been a collector's item - and as I was about to look at it, he came by with some other people and went into the building. Eek - he noticed I had his comic book! I went inside and in a large common room, Francis was going around to everyone, giving them a page of paper. He gave me one too and then moved on. I scrutinized the page - I was worried he had given me a pink slip - but it was instead a combination of a check and an invitation to an upcoming party. He came back into my area and I gathered my courage to approach him and give him back his book. I said, "Sorry that I borrowed it without asking first. I took good care of it - I used to collect comics myself when I was a kid." He just nodded, but then a bunch of reporters came up to him and asked him why he was throwing a party. He reached down (he was quite tall) and gently rested his hand on my head and smiled at me, saying, to my surprise, "It was her idea."

Then I woke up. Strange! :)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Wow! What a nice but mysterious dream. Thanks for sharing that.

1:51 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

It was nice - more interesting and coherent than most of my dreams. Usually I'm doing things like putting puzzle pieces together or getting eaten by monsters :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dina said...

Lucky you! I would love to be given a dream about Papa Francesco.
Funny, just last night I had trouble falling asleep. To try to remedy that I put my hand on the top of my head and pretended that a holy man was blessing me. (Such a tender and powerful thing when it really happens, such blessing.)

Hope you will now dream about the planned party.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Daniel Imburgia said...

This seems like it could be the start of a really interesting story that I would like to read more of. Perhaps you can expand it? Obliged.

12:41 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina,

It's kind of funny - I've been feeling upset with the pope actually for his attitude about women's ordination so it's strange that I'd dream about him ;) I get insomnia a lot too - I'll have to try your technique against it.

1:37 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Daniel,

Ha - Pope Francis' real life seems more interesting than any story I could imagine :)

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Henry said...

LOL - I love the dream - especially he part about the comic. I still have my collection in the "plastic sleeves". I tried to sell some on line a few months ago but couldn't find a good place to sell them. For example, I have the "original" Watchmen and "original" Frank Miller comics as well as older comics by Neil Adams, Jack Kirby, Bernie Wrightson, etc.

When I first started drawing I orginally wanted to be a cartoonist so I have a lot of stuff.

Thanks for sharing the dream!

2:00 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:48 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

How interesting! I used to read lots of comics - all the Marvel ones - and I collected Conan the Barbarian comics because I really liked the art of Barry Windsor-Smith :) ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Windsor-Smith

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Henry said...

I love Barry Windsor-Smith's work and probably own most of the comics he has done. Good to know we share that in common!

I used to have more comics but my mom threw away my entire collection when we moved when I was about 13 so I had to start over again - bummer!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home