My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Some links



- Speaking of a comment to my last post, the idea that aminals feel no emotions, I saw this today in the news ... Asian elephants show remarkable empathy, say scientists (+video) ... :)

- It's often thought that all Christian denominations are against women's access to reproductive health care, but that's not so ... Clergy urge access to reproductive health services

- At NPR read and listen to a spot about The Pope and Mussolini: The Secret History of Pius XI and the Rise of Fascism in Europe by David I. Kertzer, a history professor at Brown University. There's also a post about the book at the Daily Beast here. This reminded me of a past story in The Guardian, How the Vatican built a secret property empire using Mussolini's millions, and also related, this Wikipedia page on Bernardino Nogara.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home