My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Google Glass: a priest at Mass

Google Glass goes to Mass ...

There’s a term for obnoxious people who wear these things, ‘Glassholes,’ which is why the term ‘Glassholy’… I know, priest joke. I experienced this Sunday when I took this video — I had to take Glass off halfway through the sermon and at the Communion rail because I was feeling distracted and not taken seriously; I sensed others were too. Church is a sensitive environment to bring a camera, even if it’s pretty well hidden. And I expect a certain amount of pushback from people along these lines as a result of this little experiment. However, I think it’s really important for us to be trying new things, to experiment and put ourselves out there. We are living in some of the most dynamic, developing, and innovative times the world has ever known and I think the Lord wants us to be in the game.

I guess I'm among the majority of people who don't really like the idea of Google Glass because of privacy concerns, but it is kind of neat to see a priest's eye view of a church service :) The video lives on this page.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Private video, but I'll take your word that it was kind of neat. :-)

1:51 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Oh thanks, Susan, I didn't even check it after I posted it. Fixed the post.

Tomorrow taking the two female stray cats to the vet for exams. Don't know how that will go as they aren't very socialized. I've found a couple of low cost spay clinics here but they're kind of far away. Want a couple of new kitties? ;)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Adam Clak said...

Clever a glass works with the energy voltage to have an effect on this positioning of tiny allergens inside a glass. Clever a glass technologies include electrochromic units, stopped particle units, micro-blinds along with liquid very units.
smart glasses

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home