My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 12, 2014

When God Talks Back

I've been reading about the work of Stanford psychological anthropologist T. M. Luhrmann, in part because I saw one of her books, When God Talks Back, mentioned somewhere in my travels. You can read more about the book at the Patheos Book Club.

The book is about Evangelicals, but I was struck by how much her work correlates to Ignatian spirituality and the colloquy form of prayer.

Here is a lecture she gave on the book ....



She also has posts at The New York Times, like this one on CS Lewis ... C. S. Lewis, Evangelical Rock Star ... and this one about the boggle threshold ... Where Reason Ends and Faith Begins

2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

I'm beginning to think, the only thing that really matters... the listening and the talking back part. How are the kitties? any moved inside yet? Best, Rich

9:11 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

The cats are all still here. The kittens are getting big. I've been trying to find a good place for them to move to but so far no luck. No one has come inside yet but when it starts raining the two friendly one probably will.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home