My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Some links



- Good for Creighton University, the Jesuit school that hosts the online version of the 19th annotation of the Spiritual Exercises retreat that I once made .... they have decided to give benefits to same-sex spouses of employees

- Andrew Brown thinks the church could schism. I only wish ;) but I doubt it will happen ... A Catholic church schism under Pope Francis isn’t out of the question

- More chat about the ex-bishop Conry, who apparently has been having affairs with married women. The liberals have been defending him because he's a liberal and the conservatives have been critiquing him. I'm a liberal but I think living a double life is dishonest and creepy, no matter what your political stance.

- The pope saying evolution is ok has been in the news. Not really news, of course, but I can't blame people for wondering how a church that says it believes in evolution can continue to also believe in Adam/Eve/Eden, original sin, and natural law theory. From the Pew Forum ... 5 facts about evolution and religion Apparently, About a quarter of white American Catholics (26%) say that they do not believe in evolution of any kind, despite the church’s acceptance of it. The share of Hispanic Catholics in the U.S. who reject evolution and say that humans have always existed in their present form is even higher (31%).

- Indiana Jones, the Antichrist, and Hell :)

- Tattooing close up and in slow motion :) from Smarter Every Day ...



5 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Tattooing...a new career path?

9:24 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

:) probably not

11:44 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

May I say Happy Halloween on a Catholic blog? (Oh, sure I can. I grew up with lots of trick-or-treating Catholics.) :-)

4:24 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Susan,

Of course, plus you can always say anything to me :) Happy Halloween! The poor stray cats are terrified of all the trick-or-treaters..

7:55 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

PS - I posted some scary movie choices for Halloween a few days ago too :) ... http://povcrystal.blogspot.com/2014/10/one-of-my-most-hit-upon-posts-from-last.html

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home