- Today's pic from my France calendar was of Les Menuires ... a ski resort in the Belleville valley of Les Trois Vallées between Saint-Martin-de-Belleville and Val Thorens. Owned and operated by Compagnie des Alpes, It is in the Savoie département of France. The resort has 48 restaurants, 39 ski lifts and 62 trails.
- Philippines' divorce ban - nearly unique in the world - shows church's power in country
- I saw mention of what looks to be an interesting book today: Galileo's Middle Finger: Heretics, Activists, and the Search for Justice in Science
- Tee hee ;) Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle
- Michael Novak now has a patheos blog: Coming down to Earth
- Pope Francis gives freedom of speech a cruel punch ... and ... On Charlie Hebdo Pope Francis is using the wife-beater’s defence