My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 06, 2015

Blade Runner 2



Reading in the news about Harrison Ford's plane crash ... Thanks, Harrison Ford, for not letting real life get in the way of the movies. I'm glad he's going to be ok,.

Speaking of him, I'm looking forward to the new version of Blade Runner ... Blade Runner 2: 10 things to hope for. I've read the book by PK Dick from which the original Blade Runner movie was made, but until I read about the upcoming movie, I hadn't realized that there were sequels to the first book, written by someone other than Dick. From Wikipedia ...

Dick's friend, K. W. Jeter, wrote three authorized Blade Runner novels that continue Deckard's story, attempting to resolve the differences between the film and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?: Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human (1995), Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night (1996), and Blade Runner 4: Eye and Talon (2000).

Don't know if the new film's script will follow the storylines of any of those books ... maybe I'll see if they're at the library :) Here's a clip from the original movie in which Harrison Ford's character gives a replicant-outing test to an android who doesn't know she is one ....


3 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

In my manic search for a Kindle version of Blade Runner 2, I discovered Leviathan Wakes:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_Wakes) by James Corey which seems to be a combo noir-ish detective story and solar system based SF thriller with battle cruisers etc. Its big and its the first of a series and its coming to the SiFi channel this year! I'm happy now:)

11:40 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Richard. It sounds promising. I was able to sign up for the tv version already at Netflix :) The blurb there ...

"In this futuristic space drama, the task of finding a missing woman brings together a jaded detective and the captain of an ice freighter. But their search soon draws them into a mystery that proves far deeper than the one they set out to solve."

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Yep, that's about the size of it. A fun read so far:)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home