My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ooooh - very dark the upcoming movie Batman v Superman ...



You can read more about the movie at Wikipedia and here's a bit about the trailer and movie from Forbes ...

[...] We get the notion that Superman is being viewed as something of a god, and we get the idea that he’s being viewed with conflicting emotions the world over (much of the narration comes from Holly Hunter). The insertion of Ben Affleck’s Batman almost feels shoehorned in (which I’d argue he is), since in the so-called real world a rich guy who dresses up like a bat and fights bad guys is significantly less interesting than a would-be demi-god who flies around and has unimaginable strength and abilities. Having said that, the teaser comes awfully close to following the “dark sequel” template with Batman presented as the new villain, and I am reminded of the first theatrical trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness in terms of a first half reintroducing the new status quo and the second offering cryptic threats from the new villain ...

I read a lot of comics as a kid - perhaps I learned more about morality and ethics from them than I did from my family or school. I mostly read Marvel comics but I did make an exception for the DC's Superman .... I especially liked his mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent alter ego :) ...



Never liked Batman, though, and I didn't read the comics ... it was too hard to identify with or take seriously his billionaire playboy persona. I couldn't help laughing at this commentary on Batman from an episode of Fringe ...



Hope Superman wins :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home