My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Mr. Holmes



This week's movie rental was Mr. Holmes ...

a 2015 British–American crime drama mystery film, directed by Bill Condon, based on Mitch Cullin's 2005 novel A Slight Trick of the Mind, and featuring the character Sherlock Holmes. The film stars Sir Ian McKellen as Sherlock Holmes, Laura Linney as housekeeper Mrs. Munro and Milo Parker as her son Roger. Set primarily during his retirement, the film follows a 93-year-old Holmes who struggles to recall the details of his final case while his mind begins to deteriorate.

I liked the movie very much. I've read almost all the Sherlock Holmes stories and I like Ian McKellen, but one of the main reasons I watched the movie was because Hiroyuki Sanada was in it. He really gets a lot of work and I've most recently seen him in Lost, Sunshine, Helix, and that past Tom Cruise film, The Last Samurai. Here he is sparring with Cruise's character ...



But, back to Mr. Holmes .... you can read a review of the film here - Mr Holmes review – the old sleuth on the trail of his younger self and here's a trailer ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home