My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 17, 2017

James Bond wiretapped Trump?



I was watching yesterday's White House Press Briefing and my eyes bugged out when Sean Spicer explained to reporters that the reason why there's no evidence of our intelligence agencies having wiretapped Trump Tower is because Obama used British Intelligence instead so there would be no "American fingerprints" on the job.

Wow - who knew James Bond tapped Trump!! Well, nobody ;) ...



Having said that, apparently both Trump and Spicer have denied any need to apologize to the British ...

Trump declined to offer an apology for the claims, which the British government derided as "ridiculous." And Spicer denied to reporters after the news conference that the White House had said sorry to the British. "We just reiterated the fact that we were just simply reading media accounts. That's it," he said. "I don't think we regret anything. We literally listed a litany of media reports that are in the public domain."

More: GCHQ dismisses 'utterly ridiculous' claim it helped wiretap Trump

4 Comments:

Blogger PrickliestPear said...

Hi Crystal!

Actually...Bond works for MI6, not GCHQ. MI6 is sort of the British equivalent of the CIA, while GCHQ is more like the NSA.

2:48 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi PP - are you back to blogging?

Thanks for the correction. It's hard to keep track of which agency is which - must watch more British spy movies :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger PrickliestPear said...

I've been thinking about it, but I don't want to start again until I know I'll have time to finish what I start.

5:11 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Let me know when you do :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home