My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

What I've been doing

I haven't posted much lately for a number of reasons. I've been feeling kind of blah physically, and also it's really spring/summer here and that means more time away from the computer doing yard work. Here's Thor enjoying the 70s weather ...



And when I do get to the computer, I've been obsessing over the Moody Blues. Looky here at another of their songs :) ...



But that doesn't mean I haven't been paying attention to the Catholic news ...

Remember my post about the last of two sex abuse survivors leaving the pope's sex abuse commission? Well, apparently the head of the CDF, Cardinal Müller (see my post Cardinal Müller, Klaus Mertes SJ, and Spotlight ), has disputed her view of events and now she has replied to that: Exclusive: Marie Collins responds to Cardinal Muller's allegations about abuse commission

And I thought this was great - John Oliver visiting the Dalai Lama. He and the Dalai Lama speak in part about the Chinese effort to co-opt Buddhism, and it's interesting that China has been trying to do the same thing with Catholicism in China. But anyway ... ....



I just need to perk up a bit and get back to posting more.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

I found that interview fascinating. Wonder what its like to be inside the Dali Lama's head. What a profound and mysterious life.

11:01 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, he's an interesting guy! My sister especially likes him. I've watched a few videos of him giving talks with his good friend, Bishop Desmond TuTu.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home