My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 03, 2018

Goodby, Goldy



This morning when I was outside feeding the cats, I saw that a small possum was dead in the back yard. Sad. I couldn't tell how he had died with my bad vision, but my sister was coming over today so I was going to wait for her to decide what to do.

But then later that morning, when going around to the other side of the yard, I found Goldy. I couldn't tell what had killed him either. It seems too much of a coincidence that they would both die at the same time, so I called the lady at Animal Control about it but she wasn't there and I had to leave a message. Meanwhile I wait for my sister to come and help me decide what to do.

As I wait, I've been thinking about Goldy. He first showed ho here a little over a year ago as a kitten ...



He was really afraid of me but he became one of the many cats here in the yard and eventually got used to me. We got him neutered this spring. He was a sweet cat, never aggressive, and I will miss him. It seems so sad that he got to live such a short life, that he didn't get to be someone's indoor pet, that I am the only one who will know of him and love him and cry at his passing. Goodby, Goldy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I'm sorry, Crystal. It's rough when pets die, especially when it's before their time.

9:27 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Katherine.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Dyan said...

My heart goes out to you Crystal. Thank you for giving Goldy a good life and for sharing him with us. We will remember him too because of you.

9:59 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Dyan. It does help somehow to write about him, so that he will have a kind of continuing life on the internet.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home