My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Almost Throwback Thursday: iMac G3

Today I tried to resurrect my old iMac G3. It's been so long since I have used it that I can't remember very much about *how* to use it, but it was interesting to see all the old stuff that's on it - artwork, music, photos, stories. In the photo below you can see an old pic of me back when I was using this computer (2000) ...



I unearthed the old machine because it has a file on it that I can't find anywhere else, but I can't figure out how to get the file off of it. It won't let me put it on a disk and I can't remember how to get this computer onto the internet to try to email it to myself. Argh!

But anyway, it was/is a very nice computer. Here's a video about it ...



2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Wow, that was a nice one, back in the day. Would that be the kind where you have to use dial up to get on the internet?
BTW, nice picture. Somewhere, I'm sure there is a techie who could help you get the file.
When my mom passed away a lot of her wtiting ( she was a journalist) was on her old 1984 HP system. One of my techie nephews got into it and put it all on disc.

11:03 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Katherine. Yes, it had the dial-up modem that made all those screeches :) I still have all my oldesy computer, a mac tv from the early 90s. How interesting that your mom was a journalist.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home