My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Is it homophobic?

In the news: Mika Brzezinski Calls Mike Pompeo a ‘Butt Boy’ for a ‘Wannabe Dictator’

I've been watching Morning Joe these past few months as I wash the cat dishes in the morning, so this story caught my attention. Mika got dinged in the press as having made a homophobic remark. But I don't think her remark was meant as homophobic, anymore than Stephen Colbert's remark about Trump performing oral sex on Putin was meant to be a homophobic remark. Neither Mika nor Colbert mean to say that Trump and the others are gay - the remarks are about submission, dominance. It wouldn't matter what gender the people involved are, because this isn't about a sexual relationship, it's about a weaker person subservient to someone more powerful. Or at least that's how it seems to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home