My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Naming the cats

Out in the yard today with the cats ...

Olive likes to drink from the hose rather than a dish :). Olive is a male and a Maine Coon, but at first I thought he was a girl ....



Vicky was into some serious grooming. I didn't know when I named him Vicky that about 80% of yellow tabby cats are male ...



Tortie Hansel was lying on the warm driveway. When I named Hansel after a boy (Hansel and Gretel) I didn't know that almost all tortoiseshell cats are female ...



And here's Yoda napping by the window - a female cat named after a male Star Wars character who has really big ears, because she had huge ears as a kitten. But now her hears are kind of small, so her name doesn't really fit either :) ...



At least I was right about Lucy, who really is a girl and I named her after St. Lucy because of her luminous eyes ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home