My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 03, 2019

My 13 short stories



I finally finished fixing some of my short stories from back in my writers bbs days, so I can self-publish them at Amazon as a kindle book. Thirteen of the ones I could access seemed sort of worthy. What's frustrating is that I can remember a bunch of others but either I can't find them at all or they're on my old messed up computer, so I can't get to them. Boo hoo :(

Today I set up the KDP account at Amazon - it took forever to fill in all the basic ID info and financial stuff. Next there's a process for doing all the book stuff, the first being to write a book description, which should be "simple, compelling, and professional" ... no pressure. How to describe 13 unrelated short stories, some of which are science fiction, some horror, and some fantasy? I guess that's speculative fiction?

Coming up, I have to figure out a cover picture too. Hopefully that part will be fun ... time to blow the dust off the old Adobe Illustrator program ....


4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Cool, Crystal! Good luck with it. My son self published a sci fi book on Amazon. He's planning to launch another one soon. That is, when my other son gets the cover illustration finished.
As for the stuff that's trapped on the old computer, do you know any tech-wizard types? I'll bet it can be retrieved, it hasn't gone anywhere. Would have to be someone familiar with the old systems.

2:29 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Katherine :) That's neat about your sons. It wasn't that long ago when getting anything published was so hard - this is an exciting time. I don't know any computer wizards but maybe in the future I can take it somewhere for help.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Steve Hampton said...

Great Crystal!
These kind of projects are both maddening and really fun. For you I wish the Great Fun part

11:00 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Steve :)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home