My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Twyla Tharp



Tonight on the PBS NewsHour there was a segment on Twyla Tharp ...

an American dancer, choreographer, and author who lives and works in New York City. In 1966 she formed Twyla Tharp Dance. Her work often uses classical music, jazz, and contemporary pop music.

When I was in college I was really interested in exercise: weight training, jogging, yoga, ballet, tai chi ...



I had my exercise heroes, like Tharp. And, of course, I also liked a dancer Tharp did choreography work for: Mikhail Baryshnikov. He was in a lot of movies back then, like White Nights with dancer Gregory Hines, in which they show their warm-up routines ...



Boo hoo - I miss being healthy and fit! ;)

But anyway, here is the PBS NewsHour segment on Tharp ...


1 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

What a wonderful post -- thank you, Crystal!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home