My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Witcher et al



Nope, I'm not dead, just haven't felt much like blogging. I've got a lot of health issues to deal with, a mean cat problem too, and then there's the really big conundrum - should I switch from Netflix DVD to streaming so I can watch The Witcher?

The health issues range from a pale optic nerve ... is it due to my eye disease, heavy metal poisoning, or glaucoma? Then there's an upcoming skin cancer operation - can't wait to look like Frankenstein again :( - and there's other stuff as well.

The cat problem is about Timmy. He showed up almost a year ago and was a feline bad-ass who chased and beat up the other cats. We got him neutered, hoping he would mellow out, but he hasn't. After he beat up Vicky so badly he had to go to the vet twice, we decided to take Timmy to the County and hope they could adopt him out. But they would not accept him (though we were mum about his personality disorder) and said we should try the SPCA. I've since made two appointments for interviews to "surrender" him there to hopefully find a new home, but both times I wasn't able to catch him. Meanwhile, Timmy's reign of terror continues.

So no surprise I'm distracting myself with The Witcher. It's a new fantasy tv series from Netflix that's based on novels by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. It stars Henry Cavill, who was really good as Superman/Clark Kent in Man of Steel. The show is being touted as a new Game of Thrones, but I'm hoping it will instead turn out to be more like Robert E. Howard's sword and sorcery classic, Conan the Barbarian. The only thing is, you have to be streaming at Netflix to see it and I'm not sure my old machine is up to the task. Here's a trailer for the show ...


2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Sorry to hear about the health problems, Crystal!
Good luck with the cat issue. Yeah, it sounds like the right thing to do, to find the aggressive cat a different place, for the sake of the other cats who get beat up. Hope you can catch him soon.

11:59 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Katherine. I'm going to call the SPCA again and ask them to give me another chance to catch him. Hope springs eternal ;)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home