My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 07, 2020

The operation

Last Monday I had Mohs surgery at the dermatology clinic to remove my skin cancer. They bandaged me up and sent me home and then the next day I went to the hospital to have the more rigorous reconstructive surgery to fix the hole the earlier procedure left. Now I have a big bandage on one side of my face and under it is a bunch of stitches which are supposed to come out in a week. It doesn't hurt much, but it's stiff and swollen. It's daunting how such a small area of badness can turn into such a larger area of scaring. The doc says it will be about a year before the scar is fully healed. I'm trying to be philosophical about it, but it's a challenge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Hampton said...

I guess it really doesn't matter wether one leaves here all at once ore bit by bit; as long as love is decisive. Love for others, love of life, love for being here and maybe make a difference.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I'm glad you got through it okay, Crystal. Yeah, trying to heal after something like that is the worst part. It all takes time. If it's any comfort it probably won't be as noticeable to others at it is to you. Take care!

1:44 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, you guys :) I had some of the stitches taken out today and go back Friday for the rest. I still haven't actually looked at it - still bandaged.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home