My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A cult

I didn't watch the Republican convention last night, but I did see bits of it on the news.

The main thing that struck me was that the Republican party has now made it official: they are a cult. They have decided not to have a platform at all. There will be no stated principles, no proposed policies, no agreed upon values. Their only guiding light for their party will be the whims of their master.

Even those few Republicans some may have considered reasonable, like Tim Scott and Nikki Haley, got down on their knees before Trumpism. Not because they are true believers, but because they themselves want to run for president someday and they have made the calcilation that in order to make this a reality, they must kiss Trump's ass in the present.

The rest of what was presented last night was a parallel universe of lies, fearmongering, nepostism, and hate.

What kind of people buy this crap?

3 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I think you got it right. I have noticed for some tome that they are like a cult. What kind of people buy into it? I guess people who want someone else to do their thinking for them. They want easy answers, and want to believe what makes them feel good.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

And I feel badly for the people of California, that Trmp is using them for a scapegoat for everything he thinks is wrong.

1:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Trump doesn't care, I guess, that there are Republicans here too - his buddies Devon Nunes and Kevin McCarthy are from California.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home