My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Ed Yong



A couple of days ago I saw science writer for The Atlantic, Ed Yong, on MSNBC - he has written a piece on the pandemic: How the Pandemic Defeated America.

Ed has a different perspective as he is British, and so clearly sees how weird and immoral it is to have a country where access to health care is tied to money, even duting a pandemic.

I have been reading Ed's work for years. When I first came upon him, he was a blogger at National Geographic at Not exactly Rocket Science. I liked that blog because he wrote a lot about animals. It was there that I learned that almost all female creatures are fertile and have babies their whole lives: only in a few species, like humans and killer whales, do females have menopause (Why Killer Whales Go Through Menopause But Elephants Don't).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home