My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 02, 2021

The list

So much has been going on that it has been hard to concentrate on blog posts.

One thing is that my sister is thinking about paying for having the roof re-done. I've been trying for years to find some government agency that would pay for it, and I got close: there's a federal program that will give a grant to poor-ish old folks to fix their homes, but it's only for people who live in rural areas. So anyway, time to get estimates.

Also, I've put Timmy the Terrible (see above) on a list at the SPCA to "surrender" him to find a new home. I don't know when he will get to the top of the list, but somehow I have to figure out how to catch him before then. I feel very guilty about this, but he is still terrorizing the other cats and I just can't take it anymore.

And last time I went to the doc they said my blood tests were bad = high cholesterol, high blood sugar, hig blood pressure. Must buy some dumbbells. Must become an almost vegan. Must actually use the exercise bike that sits in the kitchen gathering dust. Must eat Häagen-Dazs pistachio ice cream only once a week. Sigh :(

And someone ran over my mailbox. I have to replace it because the mailman won't deliver the mail now and I have to ask my sister to take me to he post office to pick it up. I've sent for a "no dig" mailbox post thing with a pointy end that you can supposedly easily drive into the gound. It hasn't come yet but I'm hopeful.

So much more. I hate the feeling that most of the stuff that needs to be done just lingers on my endless to-do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home