My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Electric!



I've been using an electric lawnmower and electric weed-eater since I moved back here to live with my mom in 1989. Here's is the old beast (Black & Decker) we bought back then, which lasted until 2014! ...

Then I bought a newer B&D electric one from Amazon, and a couple of years ago I got a Greenworks, again from Amazon ...

They all have worked fine. Not expensive - the latest one was about $140. The only inconvenience is the cord. The yard is pretty big so I have four cords hooked together so I can make it to the edges. My sister's electric mower uses a battery but they are not good for hours at a time, and they make the mower weigh more, so I'm sticking with the cords.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I think electric is a good choice. We hire someone to do our mowing now, but when we were doing it ourselves we had a gas powered one. You had to check the oil and fill it up; it was a pain to take a gas can to the gas station. Then you had to start it, maybe it would take off the first time you pulled the cable, but probably not. I don't miss it!

1:03 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I was always afraid I would blow myself up with the gasoline. At least with electric, all you can do is electrocute yourself ;)

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home