My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 08, 2022

RIP: Sidney Poitier

- from Wikipedia: Poitier (left) at the 1963 March on Washington, alongside actors Harry Belafonte and Charlton Heston

Sad to see that Sidney Poitier has died. He is known for his many great movies, but it is a pair of 90s B movies that I think of when I remember him.

Sneakers ...

a 1992 American crime comedy .... starring Robert Redford, Dan Aykroyd, Ben Kingsley, Mary McDonnell, River Phoenix, Sidney Poitier, and David Strathairn.



The Jackal ...

a 1997 American action thriller film directed by Michael Caton-Jones and starring Bruce Willis, Richard Gere, and Sidney Poitier in his final theatrical film role. The film involves the hunt for a paid assassin.



He will be missed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

He was good, I was sorry to read of his death. I remember him in The Lilies of the Field, To Sir With Love, and In the Heat of the Night, among others.

5:12 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I remember To Sir With Love - the song that went with that.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home