My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Agency



I feel sorry for this person and the family he has left behind. But at some point we have to stop only blaming those like Fox who shovel deadly sh*t. If people want to be treated as rational agents, then they should be held responsible for who they choose to trust, what they choose to believe.

Does that sound mean? I'm thinking of my step-father. We visited him at the nursing home today. It's a nursing home that has active COVID cases, and he has refused to get vaccinated. I can't help feeling he's doomed, and I'm angry at him for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I agree, at some point people have to own their choices. If media outlets and organizations have lied before, it's a pretty good chance that they're still lying, and you shouldn't trust them with your life. I've said before that the fringey right wing operates like a cult. But there's an element of consent to trusting them. Sad when people make choices that could end their life.

3:29 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

It used to be that even though people belonged to different parties, they still mostly had the same sources for news and information. Now it's like we are living in two different worlds.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home