My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 28, 2022

WWJD

- Jesus and Judas at the last supper, from Jesus of Nazareth

Saw this today in the news: an article from the Iowa Capital Dispatch (Bishop’s denial of communion to Pelosi over abortion stance raises the question: W.W.J.D.?) quoting a Catholic priest on the subject ...

“I want to write a longer piece about those bishops who seek to keep some from the table of Christ, but for now I will say this: It is not your table (nor mine). Bishops, priests, etc., are neither the hosts, nor the bouncers, nor the ones who wrote the guest list.

“Jesus Christ is the one who invites the guests; he is the host of those who come; he is the setter of the table; and he is the feast which is shared.

“We are the guests at the meal, and sometimes (by his calling) servers. So, stay in your lane, please. The wait staff don’t get to exclude those who want to come. If you don’t like the company Christ calls (and, admittedly, it is a rag-tag bunch of sinners, one and all), it’s you who need to leave the table, not them.”


I agree. I don't think Nancy Pelosi's stance on abortion is wrong, but even if it was, I don't believe Jesus would exclude her from his company ... he allowed even Judas to partake at the last supper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

"Jesus Christ is the one who invites the guests; he is the host of those who come; he is the setter of the table; and he is the feast which is shared"
Yes. That is how I feel. I don't want to see the Eucharist used as either a club or a carrot.

12:11 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I agree. Even the pope seems to agree.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home