My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Bad Time

In so many ways, this seems like a bad time.

The drought is getting so extreme that the trres here are dying. I'm watering them, but there are so many to water and it just doesn't seem to be enough. Makes me so depressed.

And I've got to get another operation for skin cancer on my face. Feel like I'm turning into Frankenstein's monster.

And politics. If the Republicans win state races, I think the chances of retaining a democracy where free elections pick the winners are slim to none. If they win the Congress, I'm worried I'll lose Social Security, Medicare, Mediciad, food stamps, etc. And that's not to mention the larger scale destruction they can cause, from defunding aid to Ukraine to a universal no-exceptions abortion ban. The most depressing part is feeling that almost half the country seems either terminally stupid, insane, or evil.

I'm mostly just trying not to think about all of this. Music helps. Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad ...



2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I'm sorry to hear about the skin cancer, Crystal. I hope the surgery goes well, I will say a prayer.
Our autumn is pretty dry too. We don't have the usual colored leaves, most of them are just drab and crispy.

11:19 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Katherine!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home