My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Sense and Sensibility



On this Valentine's Day I'm watching Sense and Sensibility ...

a 1995 period drama film directed by Ang Lee and based on Jane Austen's 1811 novel of the same name. Emma Thompson wrote the screenplay and stars as Elinor Dashwood, while Kate Winslet plays Elinor's younger sister Marianne. The story follows the Dashwood sisters, members of a wealthy English family of landed gentry, as they must deal with circumstances of sudden destitution. They are forced to seek financial security through marriage. Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman play their respective suitors ...

Here's a video about the making of the movie ...



2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I haven't seen the movie, but listened to the audio book one time when I had a long drive.

7:17 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I had never read the book, and after the movie I tried to read it but it was pretty different than the movie. Emma Thompson made changes that I think made it better. When I was a teenager I read all those books like Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Rebecca, etc.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home