My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Capone

Anger as Trump posts picture of himself wielding baseball bat next to Alvin Bragg’s head

Donald Trump sparked anger by posting a picture of himself holding a baseball bat next to the head of the Manhattan District Attorney leading an investigation into him ...

I keep tthinking about an old movie, The Untouchables, in which government agent Eliot Ness and his team (the Untouchables) are finally able to bring down mobster Al Capone.

There's a clip with a baseball bat that comes to mind, in which Capone is feting his suck-ups, and uses the bat to punish one of them ... clip (violence).

And there's the ending scene in a courtroom, in which Ness (Kevin Costner) finally gets Capone sentenced to prison (for tax evasion). Ness repeats to Capone the advice he got from one of his team who Capone later murdered ... "Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done".



I hope our justice system follows that advice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I haven't seen that movie. Dang, Capone was vicious. Way to spoil a party.
I think some of the politicians today are just as much thugs, but their violence is less overt.
I'm in favor of whatever charge they can make stick to Trump so he can't run again. He's got five, or is it six, possible indictments. One of them ought to be able to take him down.

2:51 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I hope so. If Trump can't run, I hope Biden can beat whoever takes his place as the Republican candidate.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home