My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 06, 2023

Charles III



Nice display of wealth disparity and social inequality. Shameful that they had peaceful protestors arrested and removed.

And Camilla being made qyeen ... this is the person Charles screwed around with for years while both he and she were married to other people.

Obviously, I'm not a monarchist. I don't understand how people, especially in the US, can sigh over the British royals when we had to wage a war to get rid of them ourselves.

More: How the British royal family hides its wealth from public scrutiny

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I think it's their version of celebrity culture. We have the Kardashians, etc. (Come to think of it, we also have Donald Trump and can't seem to get over him.)
I thought it was funny what my youngest sister said about the royals, "...they're all a weird anachronistic bunch of pandas bred in captivity, existing in a weird little vacuum of their own relevance."

7:17 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, like pandas ;) I think that's part of Trump's appeal. There is a segment of humanity that just worships those with power and wealth, and they don't care about the ethics or morals of that. The "deplorables".

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home