My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Reefer Madness



I'm watching this 60 Minutes story about the legal marijuana industry in California. I was surprised to learn that marijuana is the state's biggest crop, that the state is losing money on the industry, and that illegal growing and selling has actually increased since it became legal. I'm only partway into the episode, so who knows what else will be revealed.

I haven't used marijuana since I was in high school. It was my least favorite of the drugs we kids tried and I've not been interested in using it again now that it's legal. Weirdly, my stepfatther had a prescription for it, and I found that somehow disturbing.

Fom what I've seen in the news lately, using marijuana isn't great for your health: Marijuana linked to mental health risks in young adults, growing evidence shows ... Cannabis use linked to epigenetic changes in human DNA. Despite that, many states, including Red states, are now falling all over themselves to legalize marijuana use.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I've never tried marijuana but I know what the plant looks like. Years ago our next door neighbor had some in his garden along with the tomatoes and zucchinis. He was moving out and told us we could go ahead and pick the tomatoes if we wanted them. I said to my husband, "I'll bet the marijuana is going to be leaving with him." It did.
It's painful to be around people who are smoking it because they think they are making intelligent conversation, and they totally aren't.

5:51 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Makes me think of that old Altered States movie.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home