My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 17, 2024

Portland

- me at my wedding

It is just a few days past my wedding anniversary. Do people remember their wedding anniversary if they get divorced? I was looking through the family photos today and saw this. I think it's from gramma's photo album - I destroyed all of the ones of the wedding that I had myself.

The wedding was in a park in 1982. God, I look like the undead. Pale freckly flat-chested me, all alone. Prophetic.

It's ok, though. Here I am four years later in Portland, Oregon, with my sister, divorced but surviving and even happy sometimes ;) ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I like both pictures. The wedding one doesn't look undead, just kind of sweet. The one four years later is good, glad you went on to have a good life after your divorce.
Sometimes it is fun to look at old pictures of when I was young. But then I wonder,how did I get old so darn fast? I still feel like the same person inside.

2:45 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Me too. I like to look at the pictures to remind myself that I wasn't always like I am now - sometimes it seems I've been old and falling apart my whole life ;)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home