My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

St. Ignatius


- Ignatius - St. Peter's Basilica

I'm now reading about St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus, in My Life With The Saints by James Martin SJ. (read an interview with Fr. Martin about his book at The Leaven.com). I won't go into what he writes about him (read it yourself :-) but I do feel inspired to post some pictures of St. Ignatius ...






- Detail from painting by Peter Paul Rubens


- Icon by Fr. William McNichols SJ


- contributed by Jeff :-)


6 Comments:

Blogger PV said...

Beautiful.:-).If i will get some nice images with St Ignatius I would send them to you.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Crystal,
I too am reading My Life with the Saints. The chapter on Ignatius of Loyola immediately struck a chord with me. My husband lived by seeing God in all things. When he was seriously ill, I started collected his writings and have put them together into A BOY FROM LAWRENCE. My husband was a master teacher, and his writings show his love for God and all His creatures. Please take a look at my website to see what some readers are saying.
Sally

3:58 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Paula :-)

Sally, thanks for the link ... I read the excerpt from the book and it looks very inspiring.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Great pics of Inigo, Crystal.

You can download some more images of Loyola, Xavier, and Faber from this link, which can found along with more stuff on Jesuit Jubilee '06.

1:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Heff. I posted on of the pics from the site you mentioned.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Crystal!

My name is Zoe Fanning and I am a senior at Jesuit High School in Portland, Oregon. I came across your picture of the statue of Saint Ignatius from the Ignatius Jesuit Centre in Guelph, Ontario. I am speaking at a TEDxYouth event soon, and I was wondering if it would be alright to use your picture of the statue in my presentation. Please email me at zfanning16@jesuitmail.org and let me know! Thank you so much.

Zoe

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home