My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 06, 2010

82nd Academy Awards

I've only seen one of the movies up for Best Picture .... Avatar (and I posted about it here), though I have a psst post on The Hurt Locker. I'd like to see Avatar win, but I expect The Hurt Locker will win instead.

I thought, though, that I'd mention a few of the other films that will be in the running for awards ......

- Here's a clip from The Secret of Kells, about the Book of Kells, up for Best Animated feature ....


- Here's a trailer for Bright Star, a movie about the relationship between poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne. it's up for Best Costume Design ...


- Here's the trailer for The Cove, directed by former National Geographic photographer Louie Psihoyos, about the killing of dolphins in Japan. It won the U.S. Audience Award at the 25th annual Sundance Film Festival in January 2009 out of the 879 submissions and is up for Best Documentary Feature ....


- And here's one of the songs by James Horner from the movie Avatar (The Bioluminescence of The Night). Avatar's soundtrack is in the running for Best Original Score ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home