My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The un-ascension


- Jeremy Sisto in Jesus

Sorry - no posted paintings of Jesus floating up into the clouds. I did try to think of something to write for the ascension because there are so many aspects of it that raise interesting questions, but I just couldn't seem to focus on any of them (an article that covers some of them is The Meaning of the Ascension for Christian Scholars).

All I could think of was just that Jesus had gone away again. I'm pretty sure that if I'd been a disciple I would have preferred him to stay with us here rather than send in a sub (the paraclete). It may not be good theology, but I like the alternative theory of the movie Jesus which has him not going away but sticking around (I am with you always, to the end of the age). This ending of the Jesus movie in the video below, showing him still here in the present and interacting with children, was for some reason deleted from the US version of the film :) .......




2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Yeah, the whole "flying off into space" thing ... not workin' for me. I like that ending better, too. =)

6:24 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Matthew :)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home