My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Depression survivors

I have a problem with depression, so I was interested to see this - The fight goes on - in the links at Not Exactly Rocket Science. Here's the beginning of it ....

If you follow me on twitter you already know that I’ve been battling off one of the most severe bouts of depression I’ve ever had. Yesterday it started to pass, and for the first time in weeks I cried with relief instead of with hopelessness. Depression can be crippling, and deadly. I’m lucky that it’s a rare thing for me, and that I have a support system to lean on. I’m lucky that I’ve learned that depression lies to you, and that you should never listen to it, in spite of how persuasive it is at the time.

When cancer sufferers fight, recover, and go into remission we laud their bravery. We call them survivors. Because they are.

When depression sufferers fight, recover and go into remission we seldom even know, simply because so many suffer in the dark…ashamed to admit something they see as a personal weakness…afraid that people will worry, and more afraid that they won’t. We find ourselves unable to do anything but cling to the couch and force ourselves to breathe .........



2 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

Between you and me crystal, if depression doesn't kill ya, "IT" will make you a LOT stronger.

The forces of evil because they live backward will never ever let you off the hook if you know what I mean?

Long story short, in 1991 I officially spiritually died so says sinner vic and who am i to argue NOW because he lived backward back then also.

The emotional, spiritual, physical combined pain back then was terrible, and because I would never quit without a fight, I told "My Jesus" that I would stay in this hell for seven days and if "IT" did not get any better after "ONE WEEK", I would take my life as planned. Anyway long story short, AFTER RECEIVING THE BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST, me, myself and i were our old self again on "The Third Day". Go Figure!

I hear ya sinner vic! What did the alien gods ever do to deserve you Victor! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDeVwU5QyaY

Peace

12:13 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks for the link, Victor. One day at a time is good advice.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home