My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 08, 2013

Links

- I came across this 1987 America magazine article by William Barry SJ - A Meditation on Death and Life

- Guy Fawkes, science, and religion

- Hey, the Belgian Bishops have put their version of the Vatican survey online also (like the UK Bishops). Will the US Bishops dare to do the same?

- Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny, he of the famous video in which he tells off the Vatican, has taken a positive stance on same-sex marriage.

- I'm still thinking about Christopher West and the video lecture in which he compares 'theology of the body' sex to the playing of a concert pianist ... he averred that one can't make 'beautiful music' without prior training. I think he's wrong and it reminded me of an episode of Babylon 5 in which neophyte Vir asks Ivanova's advice about sex. She responds ... All I can say is that enthusiasm, sincerity, genuine compassion, and humor can carry you through any lack of prior experience ... :)

- A post at Thinking Faith ... A Dream About Heaven by Marc Vilarassau SJ

- That last link reminded me of this song ...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

"... Without prior training. " reminded me of this bit of satire that was circulating when I was but a lad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Job_of_Sex

7:17 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Heh :)

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home