- Alfred the Great's bones may have been found.
- OK, this isn't a link exactly but I want to share ;) I've been leaving out dry food for the homeless Mr. Scruffy cat. The dish is under a window and a few nights ago when looking out I saw a possum eating the food, and tonight there was a skunk ... eek!
- Court takes up whether buffer zone excessively limits free speech. The story is about whether free speech is daunted by a buffer zone protecting those who wish to enter a women's clinic from pro-life protestors. This made me think of a past documentary film, Lake of Fire. Roger Ebert gave the movie 3.5 stars in his review.
- Catholic Church Slammed At UN Over Sex-Abuse Handling ... and The Tablet asks, What difference will the Vatican's grilling at the UN make?
- a couple of old articles I saw recently that touch on the subject of divorce/annulment and leaving the priesthood ... Surely Rome can do better by former Jesuit James Ewens, and Pope Francis should consider the church's outdated annulment process by Fr. Peter Daly