My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Carrot cake and Sherlock


- the villain's home, Appledore, is really Swinhay House

Eating carrot cake and watching His Last Vow, the last episode in season 3 of the BBC series, Sherlock. The storyline in this episode is based on the original Sherlock Holmes story, The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton, and in that story, the bad guy's character was based on real life blackmailer Charles Augustus Howell, an art dealer who was acquainted with many of the Pre-Raphaelites. Some trivia: a memory palace is mentioned ... I posted about that once (Matteo Ricci & the Memory Palace), and the bad guy is played by Lars Mikkelsen, brother of Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, one of my sister's favorite actors :)


2 Comments:

Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

We've felt a kind of void in our lives after this season's "Sherlock" ended, Crystal. I enjoyed learning more about Swinhay House, too, from your link. I had wondered what the place might be in "real life." Now I know!

7:22 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, William :)

I've really come to like the series too. Looking forward to season 4.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home