My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 06, 2014

The stray cat saga, ctd

By now, the two female stray cats have become more friendly and one of them, Vicky, has come inside the house a few times ... the other, Olive, is too afraid. So I thought that it wouldn't be too hard to catch them and take them to the vet for an exam and possible future spaying, but not so. I've tried twice, but they are too wild to catch, hold on to (my sister ended up with some bad scratches last time), and meanwhile Vicky looks very pregnant :( I so much wish there was a place that would take them and find homes for them but the one no-kill shelter won't have any openings for at least a year and the other places would mean a few weeks in a cage and then euthanizing. I'm stymied.

All this makes the difference between these cats and my four cats from the past come to mind. A stray cat back then, Grendel, had kittens in the garage, and then, with my mom's help, I ended up keeping them all (despite trying hard to find them other homes) and they were all, including Grendel, sweet and gentle. Miss them. Here's Grendel ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home