My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 29, 2015

One down, so many more to go



On Monday I managed to capture one of the stray cats, Lucy, and we took her to the vet to get spayed. Since I didn't know if I could catch any of them, we couldn't have an appointment so we had to board her for that day and have them do the operation the next day. Then we left her there until the morning after the operation, since I didn't think I would be able to keep her restrained after we got back home. What I didn't realize was that the vet would keep her in her cat carrier the whole time because they considered her a feral cat. When we did let her out of the carrier yesterday morning, she ran off and hid. I didn't see her again until this morning ... at least I think it was her ... bad eyes ... and she wouldn't come anywhere near me. Before the vet visit she had started to trust me enough to let me pet her, but now she thinks I'm not her friend anymore :( What's depressing is that there are still five or six more female cats and three males that I guess I have to try to catch and take to the vet. I hate this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Oi, that was a hard day for both you and the cat.

1:01 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina - yep ;)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home