My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 26, 2015

Stargardt disease

In the news, mention of a woman with the same eye disease I have. It's rare, so I was interested. She is using eSight glasses to see her newborn baby ... Legally Blind Mom Sees Newborn for First Time Through Special Glasses. This is nice, of course, but also disappointing because the glasses can only help so much: they are like the personally wearable high tech (and very expensive) version of me making the computer screen background gray, making all the fonts huge, and lowering the brightness ... it helps me see what's on the screen better, but it doesn't make my vision normal and there's still stuff I cannot see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

It must be so hard, dear Crystal.
You do such a great job with the blog despite these hardships. Thanks for that!

2:13 PM  
Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

I second what Dina says, Crystal!

3:28 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, you guys :) It's something I've gotten used to over the years so it's ok most of the time. I do really miss driving, though!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As a sighted person, it is impossible for me to even imagine how hard it is Crystal. Have you heard about these glasses for visual disability? Unlike esight glasses, these glasses do work for people with no vision. Its artificial vision technology empowers people who suffer from visual disability to achieve increased independence.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home