UN Official: ISIS Destruction of Ancient City of Nimrud, Artifacts a ‘War Crime’
I first learned about Nimrud in an ancient art history class. Here are some of the reasons why (from Wikipedia Commons) ...
- Lamassu, Musée de Pergame, Berlin
- Ivory depiction of lion eating a man. British Museum
- Winged bearded genies with different attributes, Nimrud, North-West Palace of King Ashurnasirpal II
- Assyrian relief (inv.no. AS1) from the North-West palace in Nimrud, National Museum of Denmark
- Nimrud Lamassu at the North West Palace of Ashurnasirpal