My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 04, 2018

Rachel Maddow tonight



A really interesting Rachel Maddow segment tonight in which she talked about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, oncluding mention that his mentor is Robert H. Jackson, a Justice of the Supreme Court who was chosen by President Truman in 1945 to be the chief United States prosecutor at the International Military Tribunal, the Nuremberg trial of Nazi war criminals. I was struck by this because I actually knew of this guy - Alec Baldwin played him in the tv miniseries, Nuremberg. I liked the movie a lot, and I wrote about it here ... A Tree Fell in the Forest .

You can tell a lot about a person by who they choose as their inspiration - this says good things about Rod Rosenstein.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home