My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 01, 2018

The kittens, continued


- the kittens playing with an oak ball

I mentioned earlier that Fluffy, Yoda's mom and the only female cat left to be spayed, had had two kittens. I had tried to get the vet to take them for adoption, but they couldn't because they already had two cats looking for homes. But Friday evening they called and said that one of those cats, Cookie, had been adopted and that we could bring the kittens. I was able to catch one of the kittens Saturday and we tool him in, but they decided it was best for us to keep him until we could bring them in together.

So we put kitten #1 in Yoda's old Wabbitat cage in the meantime. Poor little bug was scared and lonely. I picked him up every few hours and talked to him but he was still not a happy person. Sunday night I was able to catch kitten #2. This kitten was much more scared and I now have a hand full of scratches, but when I put him in the Wabbitat with his sibling, he calmed down a bit. Yoda spent the time growling and hissing at these intruders, as she saw them. This morning we took them both to the vet, filled out the forms, and paid a donation.

I hope I made the best decision for them. The other alternatives were to go to the SPCA where they might get euthanized if they weren't adopted, or to live here as cats number 18 and 19. There's still a chance that may happen, if the vet decides they are too wild (or if they turn out to have feline ADIS or leukemia). Meanwhile, their mom Fluffy is searching the yard for them and meowing piteously. Sometimes I really hate it here on what I call 'planet we're so effed' :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

You did the best you could for them, Crystal. A lot of people wouldn't have even tried. Giving them to the vet is their best shot at getting a forever home.

12:58 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

That's what I'm hoping!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home