My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 17, 2019

The pecans

It's now the time when the pecan tree's pecans are ready for eating.



I know this because the squirrels are up in the trees eating nuts and dropping a lot of them on the driveway too ...



I tried to get a photo of a squirrel but it was hard because they were up so high (maybe 30 feet) and in silhouette against the sun ...



This year there is also a trio of big black crows who have been eating the pecans. Hard to get a photo of them too, but here are two of them ...



The cats are fascinated by the squirrels and crows and hang around on the driveway watching them. Here's Fluffy ...



And here's Snowy at the bottom of the pecan tree. She's not sure what I'm up to ...



But she doesn't want to leave her post just in case one of the squirrels comes down with a nut ...



So much sweeping ahead of me ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Do you get to eat any of the pecans?

8:04 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Katherine. I've never tried to eat any of them. When I was a kid my grandparents had almond trees. We used to knock them down with poles, peel them, put them on drying racks, and store them to eat, but for some reason I never thought of doing that with the pecans.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I usually make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. Lots of calories!

12:55 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yum :)

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home