My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I don't believe

I finally looked under my bandage and what I saw was way worse than I had expected. I was just thinking about my life - how if anyone had told me when I was young and hopeful that I would never find true love, that this person who wanted to be an artist would be diagnosed with a degenerative eye disease, that I would end up poor, that I would have a host of health issues, that I would still be living in my mom's rotting house, caring for 16 stray cats - I would have just wanted to die.

That's not to say I don't have good things in my life, and of course things could always be worse, but this is probably my biggest challenge to believing in God. Jesus says ...

Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks for a fish, will give a snake instead of a fish? Or if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! (Luke 11:11-13)

I just can't believe anymore that there's a God who cares about me like a good parent would.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Crystal, I'm sorry you are going through all this. About the surgical wound, please believe your doctors when they say it will heal, even though it looks terrible right now. You are making a difference in your life, think of all the animals you have rescued, among other things. I will hold you up in prayer. It is mysterious, and I don't know the mind of God. But I'm going to keep on doing it, because Jesus said, "Pray unceasingly."

5:12 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thank you, Katherine. Very kind. I did see the doctor today and he did say that it would get better, so I feel relieved.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hang in there, Crystal. You're not forgotten.

6:08 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Jeff. That's good to know :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

:-)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home