My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 07, 2020

Bruce Lee



One of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary episodes is about Bruce Lee. Here's a review from USA Today ...

ESPN's new Bruce Lee documentary, 'Be Water,' is a 'must-watch' look at racism in Hollywood, critics say

Critics call ESPN's new Bruce Lee documentary a "must-watch" for fans and soon-to-be fans of the late actor and martial arts great.

"Be Water," which premieres Sunday at 9 p.m. EDT on ESPN, is directed by Bao Nguyen and named after a saying Lee used to share: "Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” ...


Being interested in martial arts and Asian culture since college, I was,of course, aware of Lee and I can still remember going with my sister to see him in Way of the Dragon (1972), in which karate expert Chuck Norris also appeared. There was a 'karate v king fu' scene in the movie, which takes place in the Roman Colosseum ...



As it turned out, I ended up joining a dojo later and marrying an Asian martial arts student there. Here's me back then, and you can see the ex at the far L ....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home